iPhone Can you Jailbreak from a tablet?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TH55, May 17, 2019.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I have an iPhone X jailbroken through Electra/coolstar on iOS 11.3.1.

It is semi tethered, and my phone freezes up randomly but fairly regularly (at least once every few weeks) and I have to restart my phone. I originally downloaded the VFS and Multipath versions from Tweakbox so it was really convenient and I could do it from my phone but that stopped working and now I have to side load on my desktop using Cydia Impactor. If it is within a week of downloading Electra I can re-jailbreak from my phone, but the license expires after that week and I need my desktop again.

I’m going to Europe in 2 weeks for 16 days, if it freezes up when I’m there is there any way I can side load on impactor from an iPad? If not are there any cheap pc tablets I could buy to do it from? I really don’t want to lose my jailbreak while I’m there, it’s so hard going back to stock.

If not what other options do I have, can I just buy a signing license and be permanently untethered? Is there any fix to the Tweakbox downloads or a newer untethered jailbreak? Thanks!

2. Kanakashi macrumors newbie

Kanakashi

I think there's other "stores" with electra around but I can't name any from the top of my head. Maybe try searching "jailbreak no pc" on youtube or something. Also, I'd advise moving to something more updated like unc0ver, it supports 11.0 - 12.1.2 and I'd say its more stable than electra. It's jailbroken my iPhone X like every time without issue whereas electra required me to turn on airplane mode sometimes or whatever.. good luck!

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Wait there’s a newer JB for 11.3.1?? Is it untethered?

4. Kanakashi macrumors newbie

Kanakashi

not fully, its still a semi-tethered app (I don't think we'll ever get a full untethered jailbreak again tbh) but I've found it crashes way less so you wont have to rejailbreak constantly.

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Nice, how do I know if my tweaks will be compatible w uncover? What are the other apps like Tweakbox that allow you to download Electra?

6. Kanakashi macrumors newbie

Kanakashi

Most of your tweaks should just work as they before as unc0ver doesn't really change that much, but maybe update them before you switch if you haven't already. ignition.fun is pretty good, I haven't used this one myself but it seems reliable and has every jailbreaking app on it.

7. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Awesome I’ll check it out thanks