Can you JUMP at an Apple store on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacintoshJosh3, Sep 12, 2014.

1. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

We all know that the pre-ordering has it's pros and con's but for me I feel as if I was in a position of no choice. Due to the JUMP program being unavailable on Apple's website and the T-Mobile website being down (still is for me) I have no choice but to go to a physical store on launch day.

In the past certain configurations and or entire color options have been either extremely limited or unavailable entirely from carrier stores, thus making the Apple store your best option.

My only concern this year is being able to JUMP at an Apple store. Does anyone know if Apple will be supporting this type of "upgrade"? It appears that Apple was supporting both the Verizon Edge and ATT Next during pre-order but not the T-Mobile program.

I am hoping this changes prior to launch as I would feel much more comfortable trying to snag a device from Apple than I would a T-Mobile store.

2. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

Still looking for official word on how T-Mobile customers will be able to purchase in store on launch day.

3. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

There was a news report that Apple was going to start accepting Jump and Next upgrades in the store and that Apple employees had been through a special training that ended in late August. I spoke to a T-Mobile rep as well as a gal in my local Apple store that has T-Mobile Jump herself, and they both told me it was true.

Yesterday I was told exactly the opposite by T-Mobile and another employee at the same Apple store. So I decided not to chance it and pre-ordered on T-Mobile about 3:30AM this morning.

T-Mobile is such a screwed up company and their computer systems are so screwy, that I was worried that even if it was true, the transaction wouldn't go through and I would spent 12 hours in line for nothing. This is also a brand new pilot program that's bound to have some kinks.

If I was you I would actually go into an Apple store and talk to them about it.

Your best bet may be to line up early at a T-Mobile store.

4. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone have experience with T-Mobile in the past? My biggest concern is them not stocking the 128gb models on launch day.. In the past I have run into the issue of ATT only have 16gb models on launch day.

5. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone planning on trying to snag 64-128gb at a T-Mobile store on launch day?

6. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

7. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah, im gonna show up at about 3 am and start jumping over the people in line. then if i get bored, i might start jumping around the mall to see how high i can jump. once the apple store opens, im going to try to jump over the display demo units. then im going to jump down the stairs and go home. i'll be all jumped out. :D

8. Ortiz7983 macrumors 6502

Of course you can jump in a apple store. Just watch your head and don't get to crazy.