Can you keep MobileMe and still have iCloud?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by E3BK, Oct 12, 2011.

1. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I use my gmail for all my iTunes purchases and MobileMe for syncing.

I'm keeping the iP4 on 4.3.3 (unlocked and selling it next month when I get the 4S) but updating my iPad. I'd like to use my iTunes/gmail as my apple ID for cloud but don't want to lose the MobileMe syncing on the iPhone. Is this going to cause any conflicts with my devices or syncing back on my Mac?

I know there have been a lot of questions/posts but I haven't seen anything that addresses this problem yet.

2. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I ran both MobileMe and iCloud throughout the beta. The only problem being duplication of bookmarks in Safari.

Both should coexist until MobileMe is discontinued next year.

3. E3BK thread starter macrumors 68020

E3BK

Got it. Thank you. One more question...if you use your mobileme email for icloud, does it essentially delete the mobileme account and the aliases?

Or can you use the MobileMe email for iCloud and MobileMe during this time? What happens to the aliases? I use them a lot :(

4. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you want to use your MobileMe address in iCloud you need to convert it and once that is done you can't go back.

Look here. http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/12/icloud-and-migration-from-mobileme-services-now-live/

The aliases should stay linked to the email address.