Can you lay it flat on a table??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ByteTheBooty, Mar 26, 2015.

1. ByteTheBooty macrumors regular

I know this may seem as a weird question and maybe no one has the answer...but can you lay your watch flat??

The reason why I'm asking is because in my wardrobe, I have this set of jewelry drawers (which are really low)... And I want to glue the charge on the bottom of the drawer....so again, does the bands of the apple watch allow it to lay flat??

I have a G-Shock and it does lay flat so I couldn't put it in the fancy drawer :/

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Should be doable on all except the link bracelet.

3. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Can't see why it shouldn't.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Even with the link bracelet or any other band you can simple remove the band in 2 seconds.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

True but I'd rather not on a daily basis.

6. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

Also, I think the leather loop and milanese don't pull all the way out. They just loosen up to the magnetic clasp, but the end doesn't pull through. So that leaves you with the sport band, leather band, and modern buckle that would lay out flat.

7. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Can the link bracelet lay flat like the watch in the pic?

[​IMG]

When I first saw the link bracelet, it looked to me like the type of bracelets that hold their shape and stay in a circle. But after seeing people handle the watch, it looks like the bracelet links move more fluidly than I thought.

Most of the other bands should allow for laying flat I think. The Sport, Milanese, and classic buckle easily will. The Link and Leather Sport, it's hard to tell.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....but I bet you also wouldn't cement your charger to a draw.;)

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Nobody's saying that it won't lie flat like the picture you posted, rather that it would be rather hard to charge it if it were like that!

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, but that's really no different from buying a dedicated charger for a dock. If the OP wants to treat his drawer like a dock, more power to him and he can always buy an extra charger for travel purposes.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You don't even have to remove the band completely. Just detach one end, and you can sort of gather the band on the other end while the watch lies flat.