HomePod Can you make a HomePod forget a network?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by pup, Jun 21, 2018.

1. pup macrumors member

My HomePod will occasionally switch to a secondary wireless network that I have, which makes it unavailable to stream to on my regular network. The only way I've figured out to get it to switch back is to delete it from the home app and set it up again. Is there an easy way to change its network, or to get it to forget one that it's previously connected to?

2. cobracnvt macrumors 6502

cobracnvt

I think the only option is as you stated, to do a complete reset on the HomePod and just set it up again as new.

3. Khorn macrumors newbie

4. cobracnvt macrumors 6502

cobracnvt

Is there a specific key for the HomePod or will this affect all of your devices?

5. Khorn macrumors newbie

6. cynics macrumors G4

You could airplay to the HomePod via Home > location icon in the upper left > speaker access > only people sharing this home.

Since it’s airplay I’m assuming it’s a p2p connection. Not really an optimal solution though. Mesh network if a better router can’t solve it.

7. pup thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately the password would be added back to the keychain the next time I connected with another device. Thanks though.

8. Expobill macrumors 6502a

Just Evict the firmware, than you have a homeless pod

9. pup thread starter macrumors member

From the front page, looks like an upcoming firmware update will make this possible:

"Lastly, the report mentions a new Wi-Fi feature that appears to allow HomePod users to switch the speaker to another wireless network as long as a paired iPhone knows the password. As it stands, users can only choose which network to connect their HomePod to during the initial setup."