can you make folder icons show folder contents?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by halfscottishguy, Sep 21, 2008.

1. halfscottishguy macrumors newbie

is it possible to do on a mac?

ok, a bit of back story

The other day while I was around at a friends place, we where on his computer, and as I was watching him struggling to get vista to do what he wanted and wondering why he wouldn't just try mac like I have suggested so many times before, I actually did notice a little feature of vista that I liked, the icons of all his folders, showed in the icon, the contents of the folder, ie. he had a folder of some lolcats, and the folder icon was a a simple yellow folder, open with some of the actual images visibly sticking out of it, another folder which contained documents and images and more folders, was shown open with the actual images, docs and more folders visibly sticking out in the icon.
    I really liked that and I was wondering if anyone knows of a plugin or something that can do that on a mac, so can anyone help?

thanks.
    - Rob

p.s. I just found a picture example

[​IMG]

2. Habusho macrumors 6502

No. You can have individual filetypes show their contents though.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

You could. I just don't remember the name of the program. Try LeopardMOD or Candybar.

4. halfscottishguy thread starter macrumors newbie

can you please explain what you mean by that and how its done? =)

5. halfscottishguy thread starter macrumors newbie

I have candybar and love it, but it can't do anything like what I want or explained. as for leopardMOD, ill look it up. :) thanks