can you Make Safari show on screen at startup?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by lewisweekly, Jan 18, 2014.

1. lewisweekly macrumors regular

I apologise if this is the wrong category for this kind of query but I am curious if you can make Safari show on first-boot. I have it set to start at boot but would prefer it if the actual programme opened at boot; does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to accomplish it?

Regards, Lewis W.

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I'm not sure I understand your question. You say you already have it set to start at boot, but you want something else to open....?

If you add Safari to the list of start up options (in the user settings pane of the system settings - can't be more specific off hand as I'm not in front of my Mac right now to look), it should launch upon boot. If you have the "hidden" box ticked, the window won't show when it launches. Untick that box and it'll open a window at boot.

3. lewisweekly thread starter macrumors regular

Really? My SnowLeopard iMac does not show any windows at boot? Safari is simply open but minimised in the dock. I have been playing around with a few settings in both system and Safari and can tell you that it is most definitely not hidden. What could be causing this?

4. lewisweekly thread starter macrumors regular

Just came across a thread on another mac forum and I have stumbled upon a small code file which tells Safari to open at boot. Thanks anyway.

Regards, Lewis W.