Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaffe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Hey,
Im praying someone can help me.
I just made the switch to Mac, and Im LOVING it. I just got the new macbook pro 15inc. Its insane!

The only thing is that I bought it mainly for graphic design, and im struggling to use the might mouse. I feel like I have to work so hard just to get the mouse over the icon or tab that i want to select. When i was using a PC the mouse was so much more precise if I wanted to select something or click on something small it was easy. Is there a setting or something to make it easier on the mac using the mighty mouse?

RichardI

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2007
Southern Ontario, Canada
Jaffe: I had the same issue when I came over from "The Dark Side" :D.
I suggest you try a program called "SteerMouse". Check it out here, or just google that and you will find it. I believe it's a free download and it's even recommended by Apple on their website. I say this (acceleration) is still the only thing that MS has and OSX doesn't. I quite often get beat on for saying that, but it's true. Tracking speed and acceleration are not the same thing. I just got the new MagicMouse, and it is awesome, but still doesn't have acceleration.
Man, I hate it when life throws rocks at you like this. Sigh...:D

Rich :cool:

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
SteerMouse is not free. It comes with a free limited trial period. A free alternative to SteerMouse is MZoom for Mac. It is a preference pane that allows you to change and customize the tracking speed of both the trackpad and external mouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.