Can you make the pointer using a might mouse more precise?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jaffe, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Jaffe macrumors newbie

Hey,
    Im praying someone can help me.
    I just made the switch to Mac, and Im LOVING it. I just got the new macbook pro 15inc. Its insane!

The only thing is that I bought it mainly for graphic design, and im struggling to use the might mouse. I feel like I have to work so hard just to get the mouse over the icon or tab that i want to select. When i was using a PC the mouse was so much more precise if I wanted to select something or click on something small it was easy. Is there a setting or something to make it easier on the mac using the mighty mouse?

2. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

Jaffe: I had the same issue when I came over from "The Dark Side" :D.
    I suggest you try a program called "SteerMouse". Check it out here, or just google that and you will find it. I believe it's a free download and it's even recommended by Apple on their website. I say this (acceleration) is still the only thing that MS has and OSX doesn't. I quite often get beat on for saying that, but it's true. Tracking speed and acceleration are not the same thing. I just got the new MagicMouse, and it is awesome, but still doesn't have acceleration.
    Man, I hate it when life throws rocks at you like this. Sigh...:D

Rich :cool:

3. celticpride678

SteerMouse is not free. It comes with a free limited trial period. A free alternative to SteerMouse is MZoom for Mac. It is a preference pane that allows you to change and customize the tracking speed of both the trackpad and external mouse.

4. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy