can you mbp turn itself on or off??

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
Ok so weird things are happening. Last week, I installed a SSD in my 2010 mbp. Ever since then my laptop has been acting strange. 2 days ago i put it on standby by closing it and when i got back 2 hours later it turned off. Then yesterday I shut it down to go to bed, and i remove the magsafe. (the battery was full). I just turned it on again, and now I have 80% battery??

Can someone tell me what is going on?
Thank you

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Ok so weird things are happening. Last week, I installed a SSD in my 2010 mbp. Ever since then my laptop has been acting strange. 2 days ago i put it on standby by closing it and when i got back 2 hours later it turned off. Then yesterday I shut it down to go to bed, and i remove the magsafe. (the battery was full). I just turned it on again, and now I have 80% battery??

Can someone tell me what is going on?
Thank you
Sleeping uses some battery power. Roughly 1-2% per hour.

Comment

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Sleeping uses some battery power. Roughly 1-2% per hour.
Indeed, but it sounds like the OP is losing more than that. It sounds like his MBP is waking up from a sleeping state while the lid is closed.

Do you have any peripherals or anything connected via USB or anything? Perhaps an iPod/iOS device? I know that will wake a sleeping Mac, even with the lid closed.

Comment

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I believe if you have enabled schedule it will automatically turn computer on. It could be that it is turning on if your schedule is set to a specific time and then turning off due to energy saver configuration (idle for a specific time).

Edit: do you have it connected to ethernet? Maybe someone you know is using WOL. I have had this before.

Comment

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
nothing was connected, only wifi was on. How do i check if there is a wake up schedule?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.