Can you mirror an iPod touch to an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Random987, May 1, 2016.

1. Random987 macrumors newbie

im trying to set up an entertainment system in my new car for my kids. I would like to mirror an iPod touch to an iPad. I have the iPad mounted on a bracket between both seats and would like to control the iPad content with a iPod touch that has movies downloaded onto it. It would be very convenient to change movies etc. from the iPod.

2. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I just tried it and when I turned on AirPlay on my iPod touch it didn't see my iPad which was just a few inches away. Maybe there's a trick, but it didn't work straight off.

3. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I could be wrong but I don't think there is an official way to do this anymore. You used to be able to get third-party apps to enable it, but I think Apple threw the ban hammer down and got rid of them.

You can still achieve it if you jailbreak, but other than that I think your only option might be one of the many available wireless hard drives/access points. My personal preference is the Kingston MobileLight Wireless G3 as it's the only one with wireless ac so it's a bit faster. You could then load up an SD Card/Thumb Drive/HDD with as many movies as you like and stream wirelessly to the iPads.