Can you multitask if downloading something o Cydia?

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You know like if you're downloading something can you navigate away from the app and come back? I always stay within cydia and never leave the app in fear of bricking my phone. LOL

Blue Ivy

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2012
If it is something simple like a tweak or update, you can leave Cydia and it will download and install by itself.

However, with bigger downloads such as themes, it will crash if you try to leave the app and you will have to force quit and launch again.

imalazeeass

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
You won't brick your phone but they do tend to fail often if you leave the app so you should try to just wait it out. The most annoying thing is to find out your theme dl failed right at the very end!

Stormy05

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2011
for me cydia always crashes if I put it in the background. I thought this was normal?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
BAckgrounder will allow real multitask on your phone, however it won't work on cydia and it is NOT RECOMMENDED, Cydia is messing with system file, you don't want another app to take up all the memory and the OS forcing Cydia to quit.

EngageWithRage

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2012
Your girlfriend's house
I have been able to "double tap" out of Cydia using the home button when downloading large files etc and it did not crash on me. I didn't stay out of it long though, just did it a few times to check texts/emails etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.