Can you not run a search in your Contacts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kavika411, Sep 14, 2007.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but it doesn't appear that you can search your iPhone's contacts. For example, I may not remember someone's last name but I know they work at XYZ; so, all I would need to do is run a search of some sort in my Contacts for XYZ to find that person. Can this not be done? Thanks.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

yeah, sorry, you can't search your contacts. however, you can group your contacts, and simplify your flicks that way. :eek:

3. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

I really hope they add some type of search funtion to the calender and contact app. It would be a pretty efficient, convenient and smart thing to do. Come on Apple, are you listening?

4. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

No group for Windows iTunes Sync.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you could always get a mac. ;)

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Never thought I would buy a Mac. Windows Fanatic. However, the iPhone is starting to open my mind just a little. I think I would serious look at an MAC TABLET. A iPhone look and feel but with a 10-12" screen.

I can live without Groups for a while.

8. sir42 macrumors 6502

The iPhone is in desperate need of search. Even on my dreaded treo, looking up contacts was far simpler. I have 1000+ contacts, and flicking my way through them is probably the least efficient way of finding a name. On my treo, I would only have to type J-A if I was looking for Johnny Appleseed. It was quick and easy.

Search for email would also be a very welcome addition. Especially since we can't sort. Although searching would be far superior to sorting.