Can you open up hackintosh sub forum under Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by pat500000, Jun 18, 2016.

1. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

It's appears more and more people are heading toward hackintosh and I was wondering hackintosh sub forum would be appropriate and less clutter?

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I tried that got told no...my thread is about as far as I think MR wants to go

3. pat500000 thread starter macrumors 604

pat500000

Ah okay thx.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

This gets requested every now and then, but we have decided not to create a dedicated Hackintosh sub-forum for several reasons.

First and foremost, there are already well established Hackintosh focused sites and forums, such as InsanelyMac and tonymacx86. It would be difficult for MR to offer anything that the existing sites don't offer already.

Secondly, a Hackintosh forum would be in conflict with our Forum Rules, more specifically the warez rule:

For a Hackintosh community to operate efficiently, it's necessary to be able to post modified installers and other files, which would be against our rules as it violates the license agreement. Technically any discussion of Hackintosh could be considered as a violation of the license agreement, especially any post that guides a user to build a Hackintosh, but we have decided to allow general discussion, but not promote Hackintoshing with a separate sub-forum.

5. pat500000 thread starter macrumors 604

pat500000

Okay. Gotcha.