Can you pick up from FedEx?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Captainobvvious, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

If it makes it to my local facility today but not in time to make today's truck will they let me come by and pick it up?

2. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

They allow pick ups.

Typically call in advance and ask them to hold it.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, but only after they make the first delivery attempt.

4. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

That's been my experience with FedEx and UPS. Sucks since if my phone makes it here, I'll be walking distance from it today. I can see the building out the window.

5. MacNasty macrumors member

i would just call and see if they can hold and if you can just pick it up from the depot or whatever. im pretty sure you can do this

6. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

not true i put mine on hold and they said i can pickit up whenever i want. Just tell them you won't be home for delievery ever cause of work

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'd call during "normal" biz hours to confirm its waiting for you. The last thing you want is for the overnight call center in India to have given you bad info and only to find out once you are at the station. Personally, I've never been able to "hold" an Apple package. I'm always told they have to make a delivery attempt. Could be different this time, as it seems a lot of things are, but I'd confirm just the same.

8. Arcanezxz macrumors newbie

As long as you know your tracking number, FedEx will let you hold it for pick-up, otherwise you will have to wait for the first delivery attempt. They cannot hold based on your name and delivery address due to restrictions within their data system.

9. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

unfortunately fedex is being dim for me today :( they think there is another destination for my package before it goes out for delivery, which isn't true, it really is an hour from me :/

10. tomitom macrumors member

F**k Apple and F**K At&t

They both ****ing *******s ..... my order was schedule for today now said shipment CANCELED contact your carrier

**** YOU APPLE AND **** YOU AT&T

( Was in route till this morning till got to ****ing Memphis )

11. Legends20036 macrumors member

I was just on the phone with FedEx and they said the shipper wants the package to have 1 delivery attempt before they will let me pick it up from the sort facility...Maybe I can get them to change the delivery address to my car in their parking lot and drive up there and let them make the delivery!