Can you play Facebook games on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cottonjenn, Oct 21, 2010.

1. cottonjenn macrumors member

On the iPad can you go into Facebook and play the games because I know we can't from my iPod Touch. I can download apps of certain games which sends the scores to Facebook but I was just wondering if you can play the games directly when logged into Facebook on the iPad.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No, as they need Adobe's Flash player to be installed, which isn't available for the iPad, iPod touch or iPhone.

3. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

You can play the farmville app. My daughters tell me its better than on the mac

4. cottonjenn thread starter macrumors member

I didn't think so but I was just checking because I know ABC did something with their player that allows you to watch their TV shows (so I'm told), don't know what and normally you would need flash for that. I can't watch on the iPod Touch because of no flash. So I thought I'd check. Thank you.

5. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

A lot of sites have become iDevice friendly and made videos in HTML5. But games will be stuck in Flash for a while. I'm not a game developer so I don't know if there is a way yet to play a non flash game within a website on an iDevice.

6. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502