Can you please help ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sounds Good, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

I plan on getting a new iPhone soon from an Apple store, and I'm a bit confused about bypassing activation, etc.

I already have an AT&T Family plan with two lines on it (my wife's and mine). My line (secondary) uses an old Razr V3 with a MEdiaNet 200 data plan. It has a newer 3G SIM card (the SIM was sent to me just last week).

Now... I'm not really wanting to unlock the iPhone, but I would like to bypass activation (is that what it's called?) so I can:

(A) use my current 3G SIM from the Razr
    (B) use my current MEdiaNet 200 data plan
    (C) not have to add 2 years to my AT&T account.

Can the above be done? And if so, do I have to unlock the phone, or can I just do something simpler?

Thanks for your help! :)

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

you will have to unlock the phone... But will you really be saving that much money? And do you plan on changing providers any time soon?
    and using a 3g sim card won't make the phone 3g (if you didnt already know that)

3. Sounds Good thread starter macrumors 68000

Ahhh... okay, thanks.

To be honest, I've been with AT&T forever and probably won't switch for years. I just hate contracts. :) So I was trying to avoid getting locked in for 2 years -- just in case.

Savings-wise it would be a wash, since the cost for MEdiaNet 200 is the same as the iPhone data plan.

Oh yeah, I know that. :)

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I would just get the iPhone plan, its also the only way to get visual voicemail, which is very usefull.

5. Sounds Good thread starter macrumors 68000

Good point. Yeah... I'll probably do that.