Can you pre-sign 2 year contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blaunerts, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

I am very interested it purchasing the iPhone 3G Black :D. I am 16 years old with a drivers license, and was planning on driving EARLY to the AT&T store(by my self) to wait in line upon the stores opening at 8 am. Is there any possible way me that me and my dad can go into an AT&T store a couple of days earlier and sign a contract before so that way he does not have to be present with me? :confused:

My dad already agreed to meet up with me at 8am where ever I am in line but I really would prefer for just me to get the phone and not make him come with me.

Let me know please,

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Actually, i think this is possible.

But i would like to know for sure as well.

3. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Not possible

That is not possible. I went to the AT&T store to do something like that, and they said they could not do it. I wanted to go do the credit check, pickout my plan, and sign all the papers if nessary then just wait in line buy the iphone, ya know in and out quickly so to not hold up anybody else. Store salesman said cant do it. Not even the credit check preapproval. He said he could run my credit now, but I will still have to run it again on July 11th. I even brought the printout for "iReady" for AT&T's own website. I think I hate AT&T already and i don't even have there service yet.

4. Blaunerts thread starter macrumors regular

Blaunerts

I spoke to a local AT&T store representative and they have NO CLUE of whats going on! They Suck! I asked her about the pre signing but obviously she didnt no crap, she said NO that somebody 18 has to be with me while paying and I asked how much time ahead should I get there and she said "I am not sure, because last year we opened at 6 pm and we might do the same", I said "I know but online it says ALL at&t stores opening at 8 am and she was clueless...

what do they train them?:eek:

5. Awaken macrumors member

From what the rep at att told me if you are, A) Going to try to be on your own account: it is a pain in the a** to do and they cant transfer number and a bunch of other stuff in store and you have to make a call to transfer services blah blah blah.

B) if you already have a phone on the account and are eligible for an upgrade, what i did when i upgraded a while ago, over two years, all you needed was the last for of the account holders social to that the change can be made to the account. However what i recently did was to make my parents add me as an authorized user or whatever it is called to the account so that i can make changes to the account whenever I want.

:apple:

6. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

That is entirely stupid, but whatever. AT&T should take preorders for the phone and just fedex them to people. It makes no sense to have the entire rush on July 11. Why not let people go to a store or call in, pre-order the phone, agree to a plan/contract, and get a nice gift in the mail on July 11. How does that hurt anyone?

7. Awaken macrumors member

Well the rep was well incompetent like most are, I went the other day to an att store and all I wanted to do was ask two questions and get my account preapproved. Waited for over two hours in the mean time they tried to sell my parents att home phone service in between the fits of laughter at this guy and playing with phones I had my questions answered. I ended up getting my credit ran because I getting off my parents plan and switching to my own and wanted to make sure that I didnt have a $1000 deposit like some other guy had to.

You will have to run your credit again on July 11th because "your not signing up for a plan today." Is what i was told. The 11th should be a very slow and tedious process from what I have seen at my local att stores. I figured if I am about 10th or so in line it will be done by 8am the next day :p

8. Awaken macrumors member

ATT hurts everyone!! I think it is in the manual.

9. Blaunerts thread starter macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Same with me, every time I contact their online customer service, they always reply by saying "please contact ATT directly by contacting bla bla bla", and YES they should have the pre order thing (at least for the contracts) they should allow you to pre sign the contract and just wait in line for the phone.
    They love to be Pain in the @$$'s!:mad:

10. Awaken macrumors member

That is why the rank last in customer service.

11. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Well, that's not true. I had it done myself yesterday, apparently by a guy who knew what he was doing. He gave me a slip of paper with his name and a code that can be entered on ship day, the code brings up my credit info so it doesn't have to be done a second time.

12. aubreyjane macrumors newbie

I WAS able to...

I went into my local Corporate AT&T store last Friday 6/20 with my sister (b/c she is adding me to her account) I picked out my plan, got my phone number and they gave me a SIM card...I did not purchase a phone at that time, they told me you have 30 days to purchase the hardware. I did this b/c I did not want my sister to have to wait in a long line on the 11th. Make sure you are added as an authorized user to the account since the service will be in your parents name.

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

What I did was renew my 2-year contract, and authorize (3) FP members to purchase the 3G iPhone, and at their convenience, pick-up and purchase the 3G iPhone. I'm not sure that AT&T can deny someone that is authorized by the primary account holder to upgrade equipment or upgrade features or make purchases. OP, get your Pop to authorize you to make the purchase and activate the 3G iPhone (you'll probably need your Pop's last 4 of his SSAN)...Good luck. :cool: