Can you preorder from Apple.com on Feb 3rd?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LookId9, Jan 29, 2011.

1. LookId9 macrumors newbie

2. tobasco27 macrumors member

My guess would be only via Verizon as I haven't heard any news coming from Apple stores.

I had another question - is the only way to pre-order by ordering via the internet at 3am EST on Verizon?

3. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

It's only through Verizon:

4. TimShady macrumors member

Yup, online only to pre-order.

5. jwiggs23 macrumors member

I called Apple this morning, and the sales rep told me that you would be able to pre-order from Apple on the 3rd at 3AM EST. So hopefully the guy I was talking to, knew what he was talking about.

6. possumwater macrumors regular

possumwater

He is probably correct, however, it will still probably be via your cell phone number etc.

7. Slower Pace macrumors member

Verizon credit

I have a $50 credit if I order a new smartphone, since I've had my current feature phone for over three years. They really want me to upgrade, so I plan to order the iPhone 4 on the 3rd. through Verizon. If I have to pay with a credit card on the spot, I will hassle, hassle hassle them to give me the $50 credit on my account. Assessories, data plan credits, whatever, I want them to honor the bait they are offering me to get a new smartphone.

8. LookId9 thread starter macrumors newbie

reported for spam

9. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

I called Apple and they said it was only on verizons website :confused: i wish somebody would know the real answer lol

why report. they were just saying they were ordering through the verizon website because they had a credit

10. saberahul macrumors 68040

Lol. That is not spam - it's just irrelevant to the topic.

11. Slower Pace macrumors member

Not spam

Sorry some of you took my first reply for Spam. I didn't mean it that way. What some asked is if you can also order the iPhone 4 from Apple February 3, or only from Verizon. I merely meant I will order from Verizon because I will be more likely to get my $50 credit for doing so -- it should only cost me $149, in other words. Anyway, we are all anxiously waiting for this moment. I've been holding off upgrading for over a year since I first heard Verizon would carry the iPhone.

12. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Apples website plainly states qualified Verizon customers can pre-order from Apple on the 3rd. I have spoken with 4 Apple supervisors who have clearly stated that YES you can pre-order on the 3rd. You can plainly type in your Verizon info on the eligibility page on Apple and it will give you your eligible date and pricing info as well as your full retail price.

You could pre-order the AT&T iPhone from both AT&T and Apple.

If you ask any Verizon rep they will tell you no because Verizon wants to get that extra $50 if you happen to be paying full retail.

If you are asking an Apple rep and they are telling you that you cannot, that is disturbing. Or maybe they are so over run with these questions that they are borrowing some of Verizon's reps?

13. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I wish people who did not know would not throw something out there just to satisfy people. An I don't know is perfectly acceptable in a situation when so much is unknown.

14. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

I hear you. I get that almost everywhere. I called Geeksquad once and they told me an answer. Then i called another just to make sure it was right and they had a totally different answer. I mean it is bestbuy but they could at least look it up.

15. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

All I know is that Verizonwireless.com WILL be offering pre-orders thus that is where I will be at 3am Thursday morning. ;)

16. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I think all anyone really needs to do is go to Apple.com and look at the Verizon iPhone page where it states "Qualified Verizon Wireless customers will also have the exclusive opportunity to pre-order iPhone 4 online on February 3, ahead of general availability."

I don't know why everyone has to think this is all so shrouded in mystery. It's business as usual for a ****ing cellular device. Not some secret nuclear rocket launch.

Why WOULDN'T you be able to pre-order it from Apple? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. But, maybe if a brain surgeon came along and said it, then some of you may be more apt to believe it.

FACT IS you can pre-order it from APPLE on 02/03/11.

17. turbobass macrumors 6502

Now which site is going to crash faster is the question :p