Can you put photos on an iPod Touch from a PC??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xxplosive1984, Jul 16, 2009.

1. xxplosive1984 macrumors regular

I have a Mac Mini, but I use a PC laptop when on the road. So my question is: Can I put pics on my Touch through Windows?

2. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

Yes, I have 8713 pictures I put on there from my PC via Itunes, so definitely yes.
    -Tig

3. belvdr macrumors 603

Yes, but I'm not sure how syncing would work, if you're already syncing with the Mini.

4. xxplosive1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, Tig! So does it pull the photos from another application or do you put the upload the pics to iTunes?

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

Itunes asks you for the folder where your pics are located. i believe it sifts through ur my pictures folder. and you are free to pick as many folders as you want.

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The 3.0 firmware lets you sync different content with different computers. Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Photos, Info, and Applications can each be synced with different computers if you wished. On a Windows system, you can sync photos through iTunes from Adobe Photoshop Elements versions 3.0-5.0, Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 or later, or a folder from Windows Explorer, as documented by this. If you have folders within the folder of choice you can sync more than one folder of photos. For example if you have selected to sync pictures from the My Pictures/Pictures folder, and you have folders within My Pictures, you will have the option to sync selected folders rather than the individual images in that directory. Hope this made things a little more clearer.

7. cakbar macrumors regular

You can sync different content from different computers with previous firmwares also. I have 2.1 and have my music, apps, and videos synced with my pc while contacts, calendars and photos are synced with my mac. I have been doing this since the first ipod touch firmware.