Can you really Jailbreak Ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by jacobson00, May 6, 2011.

1. jacobson00 macrumors member

I see so many things online about the jailbreak of ipad 2. I am a bit skeptical. It is a bit too early for the Jailbreak of 2 to be out.

Is the ipad 2 using the same I.O as the 1st one?

2. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

Why don't you try one of these many jailbreaks you have "seen online" instead of posting this ridiculous thread, you could even use the search option, I would go as far as to say that it would be front page news on macrumors if it had happened anywhere other than in your imagination!

3. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

HAHAHA :D:D:D:D:D that was good...

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

OP - if you were in any doubt following these replies, the answer is no - there is currently no jailbreak for iPad 2 ;)

5. jacobson00 thread starter macrumors member

How is this thread ridiculous? Is someone on here already tried any of those and it didn't work or did work. Perhaps they can share with us. Nothing ridiculous about it.
    And you see, i got the answers for the replies above

6. Zermelo macrumors regular

The thread is ridiculous because this question is asked almost everyday on the forum. All you had to do is a small amount of searching and there would have been no need for this thread.

There is only a small amount of hackers working on the iPad 2 jailbreak, if and when it comes out it will be big news on a forum like this. While apparently the moderators and administrators don't mind posts like this, they do get somewhat tiresome since the information you're looking for is less than a minute away with the use of the search button or reading top threads.

7. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

Errrrm YES page 8 of the "When is the iPad 2 jailbreakcoming out?" thread.

8. jacobson00 thread starter macrumors member

ok fine sorry it ticked you off, but it was an innocent question. :(:(:(:(:(:(

maybe they should Post that discussion

9. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

No problem it's a forum after all I just think everyone needs to use the search feature a bit more instead of having loads of posts saying the same thing. Don't take it personally I didn't mean any offence by my responses I suppose we are all guilty of posting questions which have been answered before at some point.

10. Chorx macrumors regular

The entire jailbreak "scene" is keeping it extremley quite fir the sole purpose of what happened back when nthe iPad 2 launched. Apparently they talked about the iPad 2 jailbreak on twitter when it first launched, and apple rushed a fix out the door quicker than the developers could find a way to distribute it legally. It's very annoying that we can't hear about progress in deeper detail, but it's ultimately for the better I guess.

11. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

12. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Personally, I'm right there with you OP. It bugs the hell out of me when people act like douchebags and just tell you to search the forum without answering your question. They are in this FORUM to read and reply to posts afterall. If they don't want to reply to threads, don't reply, simple as that.

The JB scene changes all the time, a thread from yesterday could easily be outdated. Searching through 8 pages of a thread is annoying when all you want is an answer.

So the answer is no, there is no JB out yet and when one does come out it will most likely be the most discussed thread in the forum.

13. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

It bugs the hell out of me when people don't use the search function. After all it is there for a reason.

14. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Cool story bro