Can you really watch flash videos with frash?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by felixen, Nov 9, 2010.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

I heard from this guy that he watches flash videos on his iPad by using frash. I never thought they got videos working. I tried googling and couldn't find anything..

So is it really possible to watch flash videos on a jailbroken iPad? I sincerely need to watch the two newest south park and I only have my iPad with me

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I can test it for you if you list the website you watch them on. I have Frash installed but I haven't seen videos run.

3. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks man. http://www.allsp.com/

Also, if it works you should also be able to watch videos on YouTube.com

4. fleeper macrumors 6502

Yes it works. You just touch the video when the page loads and then the video plays. It does not even seem to slow down the browsing experience.

I just wish I could surf to Hulu and watch it using frash. As soon as you click on a video there, it asks you to download hulu which is a ripoff at $10/month.

fleeper

5. felixen, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow this is amazing. I can't believe I couldn't find this on google.. I must be a bad googler :D

6. felixen, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay I just installed frash from this repo: repo.benm.at

I rebooted and went to allsp.com first and then YouTube.com. It seems I only get the sound - no image on the video, it's just a black screen. Also, this is in safari. When using icab (my preferred browser) it doesn't even play the audio. What's up, did I get an old version of frash (version 0.02)?

7. kva macrumors newbie

I would be interested in watching tv.delfi.lt site. Please test it if it does not take too much of your time. I am considering to install frash.

8. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

I also have Frash 0.02 installed. The site you posted does not work with Frash. No image from the video nor audio pops up.

But...Skyfire (iPhone) does play the video.

9. kva macrumors newbie

thanks Sman, then I have no motivation to install Frash yet. :)

Skyfire works somehow unreliably for me. Videos are played just for about 30secs and then get repeated again from the beginning.
    Is it the problem related to Skyfire insufficient performance of their transcoding servers?