Can you recognize this iPhone part?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hf44, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hf44 macrumors member

I recently opened my iphone 4 to change the housing, everything is going smoothly. For now I am using my 3GS but i cant seem to figure out where this part belongs? anyone have any idea?

test your knowledge ;)

http://imageshack.us/f/822/securedownloadrlk.jpg/

2. jasvncnt, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

jasvncnt macrumors 6502

That looks like the part that goes under the battery connector.

BEFORE you connect the battery connector to the board that piece will go down. There is a hole in that piece, there is also a hole where you took out the screw that holds the battery connector down. Place that piece you have so the holes line up. If you open your iphone and are looking at it with the home button facing towards you of course, take the piece just like you have in the picture grab the little metal part that is facing towards the bottom and just flip it so it is now facing the top. That's how it goes in. So in your picture the little part on the right with the screw hole, it has a little tab facing up. When you put it in the phone that tab will actually face down. It will just sit there until you connect the battery connector. Then put the screw back in. Hard to explain without showing you a pic but at work and cant at moment.