Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larmonkm

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
i have searched on the forums, and i have found messenger bags for 17", and i have found vertical bags for 13" & 15", but nothing that is for both. i have been searching online as well, and the only thing i have found that is reasonably priced is an stm bag. http://www.altrec.com/stm-bags/convertible-laptop-shoulder-bag-17-in?sku_id=814274

any other recommendations for something around that price? (60ish) and something with perhaps more colour?

oh, and i do have a speck hard case on it as well. i realize that affects the dimensions, but not sure by how much.

thanks!

diannao

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2010
@larmonkm, I have that bag and it easily holds my 17" with Speck case. The bag's less expensive on Amazon, FWIW. Also, the reviews on Amazon are a good guide to the tradeoffs of this particular bag.

I think it's a great bag, but be aware it's not as cavernous as other options. One can't put the 17" in it and stuff a bunch of books and a jacket into it, for example, as can be done with the horizontal North Face Offsite messenger bag or the Targus TXL617 backpack.

If you have any questions about it, just ask.

Last edited:

larmonkm

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
thank you both!

thunder82, do you know if the sleeve is necessary when using the vertigo? i have been looking at that one as well, but it seemed from the pictures that it was an important part of the bag. and i would rather NOT spend the extra money on something that isn't needed.

Thunder82

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm honestly not sure. Gary @ SFBags is an awesome guy and I'm sure he'd love to answer that question for you, if you sent him an email :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.