Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclover001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Hi all,
Here's my setup:
- White MacBook
- Samsung SyncMaster 2253BW LCD Monitor
- Wired aluminum Apple keyboard
- Generic optical mouse
- Logitech Z4i speakers
- 3 WD MyBook external hard drives
- Canon CanoScan LiDE 70 scanner
- Canon PIXMA iP8500 printer
- iPod Dock

All this stuff is sitting on some table that is about to fall apart (GASP), and I wanted to buy a computer desk from Ikea for all this.

Can anyone recommend a computer desk from Ikea that will take all this?

Thanks

haze

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2007
My friend as a version of the Galant: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19842001.

It looks basic in the picture and it doesn't have any wire management. However, I saw it in his home office/wife's home photo studio with her iMac on it. I was impressed. A very clean look and not just a utilitarian computer desk look.

Apr 10, 2007
one more vote for the Mikael, I don't have it but I love big flat desks.

Im going to get a new desk in the next few weeks, Im just going to go to home depot or lowes and buy two horses and stain and varnish them then get a big board and put it over it, should be nice big and plain

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
If you want room for stuff, the desk you want is Jonas.

1303242947_737d5df250_b.jpg

maclover001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks everyone, I'll go down there next weekend and have a look.

If you want room for stuff, the desk you want is Jonas.

1303242947_737d5df250_b.jpg

I think I have the same monitor as you (Samsung 2253BW)(Yours is on the left). How do you like it?
Using it with my MacBook right now :D

EDIT: Wait, they aren't the same. I think yours is a newer model. The position of the power button on mine is uber annoying :p

thepandamancan

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
Burbank, CA
I have the Mikael w/ drawer add on. My desk looks like an apple store cause of the way the wood looks. The desk is very nice however, it seems a bit big for your needs. I have a 24" iMac so the space is justified.

It is a very nice desk and I cannot recommend it any higher.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I have the Mikael w/ drawer add on. My desk looks like an apple store cause of the way the wood looks. The desk is very nice however, it seems a bit big for your needs. I have a 24" iMac so the space is justified.

It is a very nice desk and I cannot recommend it any higher.

how does the drawer add on work? does it replace the right leg panel or does it just fit under the desk? i like the apple feel too. my whole room is filled with apple coloured furniture (what ikea calls birch). to the op, are you getting the mikael then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.