Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWHH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I'm looking to switch from my Garmin GPS watch + old Nano to using my iPhone and an App (perhaps RunKeeper Pro, which appears to do the same thing).

However, in order to see how I'm doing on my run I'd like to be able to have the iPhone on my wrist, rather than on my upper arm where I won't be able to see it.

Can anyone recommend one? It also need sot be relatively waterproof as I live in the UK and winter is rapidly approaching!

Thanks

kelpi

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008
I'm looking to switch from my Garmin GPS watch + old Nano to using my iPhone and an App (perhaps RunKeeper Pro, which appears to do the same thing).

However, in order to see how I'm doing on my run I'd like to be able to have the iPhone on my wrist, rather than on my upper arm where I won't be able to see it.

Can anyone recommend one? It also need sot be relatively waterproof as I live in the UK and winter is rapidly approaching!

Thanks

Although it looks as if it's on the bulky side of them, this is probably what you're looking for since you need it to be water proof. Now sure about it fitting on your forearm, but let us know how it works out.

http://www.h2oaudio.com/shop/home.php?cat=26

zdblue11

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2009
after i started running with my nano last year, (4th gen) the screen started freezing so i had to get a replacement. when the screen freezes, you have to wait for the nano to run out of battery and it'll turn off. Before if turns off, i couldnt do anything to play/stop/turn off device whatsoever..
finally when the device is turned off, i had to recharge it and turn it on. i found out that it kept on freezing on the slightest impacts so i really had no choice but to get a replacement.. anyone have similar experiences?

TonyStyles84

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2010
Take a look at Amazon. They have a decent selection
e.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.