Can you recommend an iPhone 3g case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mariotheotaku, Jan 16, 2009.

1. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

Hello, I'll be getting an iphone 3g soon and I'm looking to get an overall good case for my phone. I was looking at the switcheasy rebel but I been reading a lot of complaints about the saggy bottom and I really don't want one a leather/wallet case. Also if possible is there a clear case for the iphone 3g where I could fit a Gelaskin on it?

thank you

2. rakester, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  3. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

A site that I do find quite reliable for reviews - although it does not speak to the longevity of the cases or durability - is ilounge.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/sort_grades/290/

This forum, of course, has plenty of reviews by members but you have to be watchful for the ever-present shills.

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

i had to debate this for a while myself.

i tend to carry my phone in a pocket so I didn't want a case that was stretchy and would snag etc. so a hard case it was.

i wanted a case mostly to protect the plastic from my keys and such.

would have liked something that had a harder cover than a basic film.

up until now I was using a contour isee with a film for finger print protection cause it was the best I could find that fit my wishes. but today at the local apple store they had out a case by nextware that did have a thin plastic hard cover over the screen. i'm going to go back next week after payday and get one and see if I like it.

5. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Yes I can...InCase Slider

I have the black one but I like a lot of the other colors too.

6. mariotheotaku thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you all for the recommendations, also for those who own the Agent 18 clearshield, do you know if it comes with a screen protector?

7. redcrow240 macrumors member

I recommend the incase slider, gunmetal color. Add a power support crystal or anti-glare and youre set :)