Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I’m getting really bored of iPhone (14 Pro Max) and am thinking of switching to Android.

Can you recommend any good iOS apps to “reinvigorate” my love of iPhone?

Any genre.

Intrigue me, please.

Thanks.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
What apps would make you switch to android?
It would be learning a new OS that interests me.

However, if I can find some new, really interesting apps on my iPhone, it may keep me onboard.

And I’m an Apple bod, so please don’t think this is an Apple bashing thread.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
If you're bored with iPhone/iOS, why would an app convince you not to switch?

And is it an app that's attracting you to Android, or Android itself?

I'm asking questions because if it's an Android app that you're attracted to, well, what happens when you get bored with THAT app? Are you going to switch back to iPhone then?

I can't recommend any apps to you though. My iPhone is a tool, not an entertainment device. And it's not apps that keep me on iOS/iPhone. It's iOS itself.

Last edited:

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
For most people an iPhone is a tool that allows them to do things that that they couldn't do otherwise. What things do you like to do - photography, video, music, movies, etc.? There are tons of interesting apps in each category and there are thousands of categories.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
For most people an iPhone is a tool that allows them to do things that that they couldn't do otherwise. What things do you like to do - photography, video, music, movies, etc.? There are tons of interesting apps in each category and there are thousands of categories.
I agree. The iPhone is a tool and I think tweaking the phone to make it do exactly what you need it to do maybe something you should look at. Some things to look at would be:

1. Tweaking notifications so that only apps you care about notify you.
2. Customizing the Lock Screen to fit your needs.
3. Look into automation.

Buying a new phone just to tinker would be a waste of money in my mind, but you only live once.

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
Photomator, iMovie, Procreate, Pages, games, Safari, Files, Infuse (combined with seedr.cc)

It just works.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
I recommend this app. It's an unlisted app, so you won't be able to find it by searching for it. I'm confident it'll reinvigorate your love for iPhone a few weeks after using it. :)

You may find that the grass isn't always greener on the other side and want to switch back. There's an app for that too. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlur

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
As others have said, there’s no app that’s going to make you stay on iOS. But the apps on android are the same if you discount the rubbish ones or bad copies etc.

Maybe have a break from your phone, treat it as just that; a phone.

Corefile

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2022
I recommend this app. It's an unlisted app, so you won't be able to find it by searching for it. I'm confident it'll reinvigorate your love for iPhone a few weeks after using it. :)
Just imagine you're the programmer that developed that. How do you sleep at night?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.