Can you replace the iPad's SIM card easily?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GFLPraxis, Feb 23, 2011.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm thinking about selling my iPad 3G prior to the iPad 2 launch. However, I want to keep my unlimited data plan.

I was thinking about just selling the iPad 3G and taking the microSIM card out- however, will the new buyer be able to waltz in to an AT&T store and get a replacement microSIM with iPad data plan, or will they be stuck?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

The new owner can just go in and pick up a SIM card; completely separate to any account you have.

3. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

1. Turn off the iPad by holding down the "Sleep" button on top until the "Slide To Power Off" slider appears. Slide the slider to the right to power down the iPad.

2. Press the small end of the SIM eject tool or paper clip into the small hole on the bottom of the SIM card tray to eject the tray. When viewed on portrait mode (with "Home" button on bottom), the SIM card tray is located on the left side of the iPad towards the bottom.

3. Remove the iPad's SIM card tray by carefully pulling it away from the device.

4. Remove the micro-SIM card from the tray by pulling it off of the tray.

It's very easy. My neighbor bought an iPad off eBay that was missing the sim. He took it into the ATT store signed up for service and they gave him a new SIM, no worries.