Can you return Apple.com pad if Apple store swaps it out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by richard371, Mar 28, 2012.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

I ordered from Apple.com and Im going to swap out at the Apple store due to dust under the screen and left side being yellow. If I get another bad one and decide to return it to Apple.com friday will they take it back since the serial number will be different?

Thanks

2. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

If you were to get another bad one, why not just return it to the Apple Store again? Why go back and forth? My guess is that Apple.com would tell you to go to the retail store again.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'll start by saying I don't know for sure. Some thoughts to share though:

Anything anyone here tells you will be irrelevant if you do the swap and Apple.com refuses the return. Same for if someone in the retail store tells you it's fine; unless it's in writing I wouldn't trust it. It'd be my luck to get the one employee who doesn't know Jack Sht and tells me wrong info.

Since you're within your 14 days but nearing the end, I'd suggest you decouple the transactions. Buy a new one at the Apple retail store. Return the existing one. No possible headaches with different serial numbers and you've reset the 14 day clock.