Can you return AppleCare+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mayerkim, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mayerkim macrumors member

I purchased my AppleCare+ online when I ordered my 4S on the early morning of the 7th. Since then I've been reading a lot of posts about how it's not really worth it being that it's $99 and then additional $49 for each replacement...

I'm having second thoughts now and I'm wondering if I can return AppleCare+. I know that AppleCare was able to be returned at anytime for a prorated refund. Is that the same thing with AppleCare+? And since I purchased it online, what would be the return procedure for this?

2. ZipZap macrumors 601

You have a return policy and so yes, you can return it as long as you have not used it.

3. mayerkim thread starter macrumors member

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

It's an insurance policy, so for a little over $4/month for 2 years you get full warranty coverage and 2 replacements for breakage with a $49 co-pay. The iPhone is a $649 device, so it's up to you whether it's "worth" having an extended warranty, but if you break it then you're either going to have to pay full price for a replacement or try to find an unlocked phone to use on your contract (which continues with or without a working phone).