Can you return AT&T iPhone to apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by treyjustice, Jul 6, 2010.

1. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Can you return an iPhone 4 bought from AT&T to apple?

I can't find a definitive answer.

Thanks

2. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

I don't believe so. I know if you buy an iPhone from a Best Buy location it has to be returned there. This is what my local Best Buy told me, but the mobile department there has been know to make some blunders ;)

3. pbateman macrumors 6502

I don't think so either. I can't even return my IPhone which I bought trough the Online Apple store, to the regular store. I was told they can only be returned to the same place where you purchased it. Eg. online to online, apple store to apple store, etc...

4. heritagehog macrumors member

heritagehog

Return it for replacement you would need to go to Apple.. If returning it to get your money back you would have to go to the point of sale..

5. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

That is totally wrong. Apple is Apple, whether online or at the store. Whomever you spoke with misinformed you.

6. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

7. Wilcha macrumors newbie

If we buy an iPhone through AT&T, do we still get the $199 replacement if the phone breaks?

8. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

Instead of filling up the board with another thread, I'll ask my question (with relevance) here.

I bought mine at Best Buy. Could I go to the Apple store or AT&T for a replacement swap? Best Buy's inventory is getting backed up.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Me too. The 3GS refurb I bought from AT&T arrived with the whole right hand edge of the display non-responsive to touch. I called Apple to find out what to do about it, and after their over-phone verification of the problem (having me test out apps like the Calculator where specific locations on the display could be checked out for response), Apple shipped me a replacement and a prepaid label for shipping the bad one back in the same box.

10. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

If you want a refund, it has to go back to AT&T. If you want a replacement, it has to go to Apple. This was stated only a few posts up, try reading the thread before posting a question.

11. dunk50 macrumors member

I would have to agree with this. I ordered online from AT&T premier . Having problems so I went to my AT&T store where I do my business. They ARE NOT taking any IP4 returns. Only referring customers to Apple. They were willing to call Apple for me!!;)
    I will just call from home, thanks!:confused:

12. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Your post implies that you disagree.

If you were trying to return for a refund, then you were misinformed as well. AT&T gives you 30 days from the date of purchase to return the phone with a 10% restocking fee. But if you were trying to get the phone replaced with another one, then you need to go through Apple for that.