Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
On SE you can swipe to go back in safari, Instagram, inside iMessages, pretty much everywhere and I find I prefer this snappy way of navigating. Interested to know if Xs and Max do this too
That’s not exclusive to the se. All iOS devices can do that.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
My question is are you capable of doing this with a bigger phone without issues or dropping phone?
It would depend on how each app is coded, and the size of your hands. For example, in Facebook, you can swipe from anywhere on the screen, whereas in Safari, you face to swipe from the very edge of the screen.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
It would depend on how each app is coded, and the size of your hands. For example, in Facebook, you can swipe from anywhere on the screen, whereas in Safari, you face to swipe from the very edge of the screen.

Swiping from the edge is a system wide OS feature.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
Swiping from the edge is a system wide OS feature.
Yes, but swiping from the middle is not... hence my post. OP mentioned Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, and both of those apps do not require a swipe from the edge. You can swipe from anywhere. Naturally, for people with smaller hands, these apps are easier to navigate one-handed on a Max.

But now I’ve just repeated my previous post using different words.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.