can you save photos from the internet from the iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by optimus prime, Feb 19, 2008.

1. optimus prime macrumors regular

I'm posting from one right now and I'm wondering if its possible. any help? thanks!

2. Nicky-Larson macrumors member

Yes you can

Yes you can, install the safari plugin from copycoders. I dont quite know their repo address, but if you google copy coders, you will find it. Then add them to your list of souces, refresh, and then you will see copycoders.Install any of the versions of the safari plugin. Or you can go to youtube and search for ipodtouchmaster, he has a video tutorial on how to do it. It will be called, "How to download mp3 songs ont your iPodtouch". Many people do not know this because they all stop at the .mp3 download.. It can also dowload .mp4,.exe, .tar, ,zip,jped,tiff,png, and more with the most recent ones.

So, yeah, you can do it. And I know coz I have been using it everyday.
    :D

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Jailbroken?

4. optimus prime thread starter macrumors regular

so im guessing there's no way to do it without it being jailbroken?

5. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Cool tip. Thanks

7. nycmac101 macrumors newbie

i did

but i dont know how, i just upgraded to 2.0 i installed the facebook app. and for some reason i have a screenshot saved in photos under "saved photos". when i plug my touch to laptop, the image capture app. opens

8. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

Actually, version 2.0 added this feature. In Safari, hold down your finger over an image for about 3 seconds and you'll get the option to Save Image or Open Link (if the image also links somewhere). It will then be added to your camera roll, and can be synced using iPhoto on Mac or an equivalent on Windows.

9. Britainrulz12 macrumors newbie

Save pictures

Press & quickly release the home button and the power button at the same time. The screen will flash white and make a camera sound.

10. Jimmy James macrumors 68030

No. Way! I never knew that.

11. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

If it is on a website, you should be able to hold your finger on the image until a dialogue box pops up with a "Save Image" option. If this doesn't work, you always have the option to take a screenshot. To do this, briefly tap the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously. The screen will flash white as the screenshot is taken. With either method, the photo will be saved to the "Saved Photos" camera roll on your iPod.

Hope this helps,

Slippy

12. mrjazzdog macrumors newbie

Awesome

I spent twenty minutes making an account and verifying I on email just to tell you that I hunners love you thanks dude:D

13. Kiwio macrumors newbie

Easily done without plugins

I have an iPod touch 4g and havnt downloaded any plug-ins all I do is go on the Internet find a picture I want hold my finger on the screen until a box pops up and says save picture or copy picture and voila DONE ! :p

14. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

WOW!! how does almost no one know how to take a screenshot and how to hold the picture until it says save picture. You don't need plugins or anything. it comes on the ipod!

15. jace88 macrumors regular

jace88

Yep. Works with a lot of things where you can hold your finger onto something and then the option to save/copy comes up... it's consistent with iOS4.2 on iPhone as well.

16. jreynolds323 macrumors newbie

first of all who replies to a 2 year old thread?

17. jace88 macrumors regular

jace88

^ it's a conversation starter (Y)

In all seriousness I'm guilty of not looking at dates of posts when I reply... I just see what happens to move up the recent threads ladder.

18. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

Do some people live to go back into the archives and reply to old threads? Can we let these DIE in PEACE?

19. Jimson macrumors newbie

Yeah easy done

All you do is load up google and get a pic you want, go fullscreen than screen shot it, if you don't know how you just press the lock screen button then the home button straight after or vice verser

20. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

you're a little late to the party and thats the crappy way as well to save a pic