Can you selectively share one photo with Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by satchmo, Jul 22, 2017.

1. satchmo macrumors 68000

How does one selectively send a photo from iPhone 6 to an older Mac (rule out Airdrop) running Yosemite?
    (so not selecting iCloud Photo Library in iOS where it automatically uploads all my photos)

Both Photos app and iCloud Drive are confusing as heck. Why do we need both?

I've sent three photos from my iPhone to a Shared Album...I see them in my Photos app, but I can't export these photos as the menu is greyed out.

Dragging and dropping isn't working either.
    Going into iCloud, I don't see any of these Shared Albums or anything. How do you even create a shared album in iCloud?

Maybe I'm just old school, but to accomplish a simple task seems so difficult these days.

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Connect phone to computer
    IF iTunes autostart turn it off
    Look in finder,phone should show up as external USB drive

3. nieks macrumors regular

nieks

uhm, just make sure the photo is on the iPhone in the Photos app. On your computer, open a browser window, go to iCloud.com, and just download it there.

Alternatively, you could just go to the photo in the Photos app on your iPhone, push the 'share'-button, and then tap "Add to iCloud Drive". It then asks you where you want to put it, for instance in "Documents". Then on your Mac, just open a Finder window, and tadaa: there it is in the location you put it.

How is this confusing??