Can you sell Apple Care extended warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MBA-MD, Sep 25, 2008.

1. MBA-MD macrumors member

When I bought my MBA I got the extra warranty. It came in a disk but I never opened it. It was never registered. When the warranty was voided, I thought everything was voided, but I read somewhere here that you can sell the Apple Care.

I wonder if it's true?? Thanks

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

If you bought it separately and never registered AppleCare you can still sell it.

3. MBA-MD thread starter macrumors member

Well, I bought it at the same time that I bought the MBA and it went on the same credit card, I am not sure that counts as a different order. The disk came sealed and I haven't even had a chance to look at it or open it.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It sounds like you have the pre-activated version which is now attached to your MacBook Air. Did you buy it from Apple?

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I guess I sold it, b/c it was part of the conditions of sale with my BlackBook 2.4 Penryn that I sold a few months back. I contacted AppleCare and transferred ownership to the new BlackBook owner...

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I don't think you can sell it but if for some reason Apple declared your warranty void, you should be able to get a refund on the applecare warranty extension (prorated for the used/unusable time remaining of course)

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I suggest calling AppleCare and determine if you registered it when you bought your MBA, b/c when I bought mine they just scanned the box of the AppleCare Protection Plan and then I received a copy of the receipt that included the MBA, AppleCare Protection and my 32GB iPod Touch all on the same receipt. I also received the "Welcome and Thanks for purchasing MBA w/AppleCare" email. Hopefully, they didn't register it for you... :confused: