Can you set custom HTML email stationary as default stationary

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CJG411, Feb 7, 2008.

1. CJG411 macrumors newbie

I need to use a corporate HTML email stationary and I would like to set it as the default instead of manually choosing it each time. Any ideas??

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I don't use it myself, but isn't this the kind of thing Automator actions are supposed to do?

I'd imagine you could make an action to open mail, start a new message with a specific stationary.

Seek a person who's familiar with Automator.

EDIT: I went and tried. I've never used Automator before (never even opened it), but I recorded this action and it seemed to work"

[​IMG]

You probably want to do it more efficiently, but it looks like it might be helpful for you.

3. devun151 macrumors newbie

Got it.. sorta

I was looking to do this as well, only thing I could come up with is opening the stationery from the dock which opens a new email window in Mail with the template set.

To find it, go to

~/Library/Application Support/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resources/Custom/Contents/Resources

and you should see your custom stationery in there. Drag that file to your documents side of the doc and click on it each time to start a new email with that template.

4. paulaustin macrumors newbie

Regarding answer...
    ~/Library/Application Support/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resources/Custom/Contents/Resources

and you should see your custom stationery in there. Drag that file to your documents side of the doc and click on it each time to start a new email with that template.

I have found my custom stationery as directed but can anyone please explain what/where is the 'document side of the doc'? Does this create an automatic default, or must I follow the above directions each time I create a fresh email?

5. gholmes1936 macrumors newbie

gholmes1936

Will using a default Signature work for you instead of stationery?

Here is something I found that will enable you to accomplish that you want to. It tells how to insert random signatures in Mac Mail. However the place where you select random also allows you to select just one of your signatures that you have created to appear everytime you select "New Message."

Of course one can't find this in Apple.com.

Hope it helps.:apple:

http://email.about.com/od/macosxmailtips/qt/et091501.htm