Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
IOW, can you pair the watch with multiple phones, swapping back and forth say, when my spouse wants to use it for a workout?

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
No, one watch to one iPhone at a time. You'll have to unpair it with one and then pair with the other.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
IOW, can you pair the watch with multiple phones, swapping back and forth say, when my spouse wants to use it for a workout?

Why not get your spouse their own watch? Sharing a watch is worse than sharing a bathroom. There spouse will be hogging it up all the time.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
i doubt it, but you never know until u try it. Also I would not recommend anything other than the sports and metal bands if you are going to be using it for a workout. Sweat will make your leather bands smell

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Can you "Share" a Watch?

There was another post on here that said that the watch is wiped whenever you unpair it from your phone (you can repair it and restore it from a backup later) so it might be possible to unpair (and wipe) then pair to your wife's phone and have her restore her backup, then do the reverse to get it back with your phone, but I don't know how practical that would be on a regular basis. especially considering that your apple pay cards would be deactivated on each wipe and need to be reactivated each time.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
As with iOS devices, they want you to buy one for each member of the family. They aren't going to create an avenue that allows you to scrape by with a shared device.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
As with iOS devices, they want you to buy one for each member of the family. They aren't going to create an avenue that allows you to scrape by with a shared device.

True... but the idea of sharing a watch - any watch - is kind of absurd.

However some people have more than one phone, say work and personal. It would be good to be able to switch between phones for that reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.