Can you "Share" a Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 5684697, Apr 19, 2015.

1. 5684697 Suspended

IOW, can you pair the watch with multiple phones, swapping back and forth say, when my spouse wants to use it for a workout?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68010

Likely not. After all these years, iPhones and iPads don't have user profiles.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

No, one watch to one iPhone at a time. You'll have to unpair it with one and then pair with the other.

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Why not get your spouse their own watch? Sharing a watch is worse than sharing a bathroom. There spouse will be hogging it up all the time.

5. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

i doubt it, but you never know until u try it. Also I would not recommend anything other than the sports and metal bands if you are going to be using it for a workout. Sweat will make your leather bands smell

6. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Can you "Share" a Watch?

There was another post on here that said that the watch is wiped whenever you unpair it from your phone (you can repair it and restore it from a backup later) so it might be possible to unpair (and wipe) then pair to your wife's phone and have her restore her backup, then do the reverse to get it back with your phone, but I don't know how practical that would be on a regular basis. especially considering that your apple pay cards would be deactivated on each wipe and need to be reactivated each time.

7. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

As with iOS devices, they want you to buy one for each member of the family. They aren't going to create an avenue that allows you to scrape by with a shared device.

8. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

True... but the idea of sharing a watch - any watch - is kind of absurd.

However some people have more than one phone, say work and personal. It would be good to be able to switch between phones for that reason.

9. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

You seem to assume it will be removable. One watch, one arm. You have been assimilated. Lol