Can you share apps you buy in Cydia store?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GetSwole37, Aug 6, 2010.

1. GetSwole37 macrumors member

If you buy an app from store does it stay only on that phone or is it like iTunes where you can plug and sync with another phone as long as u using the same account? Have been thinking about doing the jailbreak thing but wondering if apps would be double the cost

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Just login with Facebook account or the Google account you used to make the Cydia store purchase on the other iPhone. That iPhone will be able to download that app free of charge. It'll say "Package officially purchased"

3. GetSwole37 thread starter macrumors member

Okay, that sounds great!! I read a post where some guy said "I bought Abc app for my phone and will be buying it for my wife". So made me wonder and his reasoning. One other question. What are methods of payments? Being that cydia goes against apple, do u feel comfortable using a credit card? Or should someone use paypal ? As for credit cars, I usually use one that I solely use for purchases online or random purchases

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

I was under the impression that some apps like My3G and MyWi you have to buy on each device you own. I'm not sure if this applies to your original question about the Cydia store or not. I'm a little disappointed to need to buy these apps twice, though I expect I will when I need them. Haven't tried MyWi yet, but I definitely want two My3G licenses for facetime.
    I probably shouldn't complain, I have always enjoyed being able to download all App store purchases on both my phone and my friend's phone.