Can you share HD space from OSX for Vista on Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Ryuukumori, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

So I watched a couple youtube videos on how to make a 32 GB partition for Vista. Seems great.

The only thing I have doubts about is if you can ONLY use 32 GB for Vista. I don't own a Mac, so I have no clue if this is possible. Can I still save things and store them on the entire HD for the computer instead of the 32 GB partition on Vista?

If I can't natively do this automatically, is there a method to make this happen? Thanks for any help.

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

You can specify whatever amount of storage you want in Boot Camp. As far as seeing across the partitions, the Vista NTFS partition will be able to read & write the Mac partition, while the Mac partition can read-only from the Vista partition.

3. 6mt15 macrumors member

Is that a difference in Vista vs. XP? I can not read or write the Mac partition when running XP in bootcamp.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I can't either, except with macdrive, and i'm not paying $50 for the ability to do it.

5. nobtiba macrumors newbie

On my Mac Pro, i devided: 79.9G for Leopard, 30G for Vista. Now i want to have 20G from 79.9G of Leopard to share data between Vista and Leopard. Is there any way for me to do it ?