Can you stand another post from a new believer?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by machanback, Feb 24, 2008.

1. machanback macrumors member

Went into the store last Saturday. Drank the Kool-aid. Got it Thursday(Thanks Mom!) Hooked up Airport Friday. Moved all my files over Saturday. Will never go back. This is just too damn easy!

Oh yeah what did I get? Macbook 120 gig. Already thinking about a imac for desktop!:D

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

as long as you're not asking when the new macbooks, or macbook pros are updated you can post whatever you want!

and congrats on your new machine

3. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

so true and congrats

4. Luzzio macrumors regular

Luzzio

We're sorry :D

5. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i wish more people would post about their new purchase and how much they love, rather than the usually bitching and the constant question from newbies as to when the new mbp or mb are coming out! so congrats and thanks for posting

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i agree, yet just a few months ago everyone was complaining because a lot of people would do this just to brag

7. machanback thread starter macrumors member

Don't worry.. learned to use the search function a while ago. Been lurking around here for a few years. Started to see the light when I bought an ipod a few years back, and thought" it can't be this easy!" Just wanted to introduce myself.

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

thats great to hear as well, another cool feature we have now is the check to see if already posted button when posting a new thread...works quite well

9. strachanjm macrumors member

Do you know when new MacBooks or MacBook Pros are going to be updated? ;)

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

screw you buddy:p:p:p lol

11. machanback thread starter macrumors member

12. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yes actually

13. machanback thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I know.. but the point is why would I want to? I know some people might need it, but I don't want any of that garbage on this machine.. Finished my toils with MS!!

14. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

For apps & stuff that there are no Mac alternatives or like me for testing & work

15. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Congrats on the new toy. I switched 18 months ago and still think this is the best computer I've ever owned!

16. galebird macrumors newbie

Congratulations!

I switched a month ago and while my desktop is still a PC, I am truly in love with my MacBook. I'm very glad I drank the Kool-aid ;)

17. mosx macrumors 65816

Don't get too excited, you're still on the honeymoon ;) Come back in 6 months and let us know what you think. If you're like me and many others, you will have made the "switch" back.

18. machanback thread starter macrumors member

Not happenin'...This thing would have to explode in my face for me to ever touch a windows based machine again!!

19. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

It's funny - I have to use Windows for my "real" job (network administrator) and as a result have a Windows machine alongside my Mac at home, only because my employer won't use a VPN vendor that supports a Mac client.

I've been a Mac person for over 10 years, long before it was "fashionable" to be one.

<soapbox>

As I see more and more people make the switch, especially in the enterprise market, I encounter more, "If it was a Mac we wouldn't be having this problem."

I don't beat my chest, laugh psychotically or otherwise gloat. I keep my thoughts to myself, comfortable in the knowledge that I have been lucky enough to have enjoyed Macs for so long, and avoided so many of the headaches that my Windows peers have encountered along the way.

Suffice to say, Macs are so much easier to administer on a network it's not funny. I used to run a small site with about 150 nodes and three servers, all Mac. I would go to meetings with my peers who would moan and groan about all their problems, and never say a word.

Certainly, there was a day when Macs were superior to PCs in certain areas, but that's no longer the case for the most part. But now that this void has been narrowed, it's a lot easier for people to make the change without encountering problems...

<soapbox/>

MacDann

20. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Same it gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside.

ChrisN

21. machanback thread starter macrumors member

Okay... now that I have seen the light, what is it that makes P.C. people so anti -Apple? Admittedly, I'm not a "computer" guy. Basically, I need it for papers, my music, photos and the 'net. But when I mentioned to some of my friends that I was gong to get a Mac, I kept hearing " they're toys" or "too expensive for what you get, you can get so much more for so much less with a PC." Well all I know is, when I opened this thing up, I had no stupid bloatware, no virus protection to install, and was on the net, and writing a paper in Pages in 10 minutes. The way I see it, I paid for a stable OS that i can rely on, and the software does not seem that much more expensive. I just don't get why they are so against Apple. But to be honest I really don't care. I've got a machine I can rely on.

22. Freyqq macrumors 68040

desktops are overpriced from apple for sure. I was looking on newegg the other day and calculated out a system. I could put together a desktop that is probably 3/4 the CPU speed of a Mac Pro and has a 8800GT for under $900. Note, a system like that would cost over 3k on the mac side.

Laptops though..slightly more than PC laptops..but not much. Also, once you factor in the size-weight/battery life and other things like that it sort of evens out.

23. a4abt macrumors regular