Can you still buy 1st gen iphone new?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by safetyobc, Jul 20, 2008.

1. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

Just curious if I could still get a 1st Gen iPhone new? I don't have 3G anywhere near my location and don't want to pay the extra for it if I can't use it.

Thanks!

2. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Not from Apple.

Can't even buy refurbs from Apple.

3. SMacDuff macrumors 6502

SMacDuff

There should still be many available on eBay however they will cost you a fortune.. You can also try to find a refurb on the Apple Store but that might not be possible any longer. Alternatively, some people are selling their old iPhones on various forums and you could check there for one. Just make sure that the seller is trustworthy regardless where you get one.

4. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

yeah, they were out of stock for a month or so before iPhone 3G launched, so anything that was left in stock rooms etc would have found its way to someone by now. Your going to have to look on ebay or something.

5. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

so what happens to all the stock they sent back?

6. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

they probably would have been sold on as refurbs in the refurb store over the last couple of weeks.

7. SMacDuff macrumors 6502

SMacDuff

Exactly, A lot of people wanted to buy a 1st Gen iPhone simply because they didn't need a 3G phone or they wanted to unlock it and use it without paying for a costly contract. I've heard of some people selling their 1st gens for a higher price than they originally paid for it. I sold mine last month for 300 bucks. I paid 400 for it so I was happy with the deal.