Can you still buy regular AppleCare (not AC+)?

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Have no desire to buy AC+, let alone bring my computer to the store to let someone inspect it. I just want regular AC, but I don't see it listed as an option when I plug in the serial number on that Apple warranty/coverage page. It only lists AC+ at a ridiculous cost of $379.

Can I still get regular AC? My computer will almost never leave the desk.

Lioness~

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2017
I still can in Sweden. Checked before I bought my MBA18.
Not that I will, but wanted to know.

But it seems not so in US.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
If you find it in an old sealed box on ebay, can you still activate it?

I know better than to buy just an activation code off ebay, but if I can find a sealed box that might not be bad?

Photios

macrumors member
May 17, 2009
I purchased regular AppleCare for an iMac from eBay to use for an iMac Pro. Worked just fine. I saved money, for sure, but... don't have the extra protection that the "+" brings. Anyway, I bet it will work as it did with my iMac Pro.

ahostmadsen

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
Have no desire to buy AC+, let alone bring my computer to the store to let someone inspect it. I just want regular AC, but I don't see it listed as an option when I plug in the serial number on that Apple warranty/coverage page. It only lists AC+ at a ridiculous cost of $379.

Can I still get regular AC? My computer will almost never leave the desk.
I feel AC+ for computers is just another way for apply to squeeze more money out of their fans (like more expensive iPhones and iPad Pros). AC+ for my iPhone (and iPad) makes sense, I have broken the screen a few times throughout the years. But I have never had accidental damage on any of my laptops. Fortunately, when I bought my MacBook Pro both AC and AC+ were available.

Reactions: puma1552