Can you still pre-order? If so, this launch isnt that successful

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sjn419, Oct 7, 2011.

1. sjn419 macrumors regular

I dont think they expected it to be but none the less it isnt

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Yes this launch is a total bust!

Oh nm lol

3. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Wait time is 1-2 weeks
    We are now backordering :D:D

4. 2010RS macrumors 6502

Your argument is that the ability to meet demand equates to an unsuccessful product launch? Really?

And you're making this argument when pre-orders are now 1-2 weeks backordered?

I can tell you put a lot of thought into this thread.

5. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Preorders sold out in less than a day, and Apple is rumored to have 4x as much stock as last year.

Yeah, they're in trouble alright. They're not going to know what to do with all their money :eek:

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

OP, I don't understand what you are trying to get at...sure you can preorder, but everyone in the 7 launch countries placing an order now will have to wait 1-2 weeks before it ships...meaning Apple has sold out of the initial batch of shipments.

I don't think any other iPhone sold out that quickly. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong :))

7. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Thanks sjn419, all of Wall Street was sitting around breathlessly waiting for your announcement of whether the iPhone 4S was successful or not. Tim Cook is shaking in anger right now at your proclamation. I must say your methodology is revolutionary, judging the fact that Apple's supply chain was able to keep up with demand for 22 hours as a failure. Lesser analysts would regard that as a success and a sign that Apple has produced enough units to meet demand for once. But what do they know, here's to the bold, the different, the round peg in the square hole... here's to sjn419.

8. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple had many more units available then when they launched the iPhone 4. Not only do they have 3 carriers and two colors but they have been manufacturing phones with this form factor for almost a year and a half.

This launch seems pretty successful but it will be interesting to see what the lines are like next week.

9. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Yep, total bust. More than a million phones sold in the first 24 hours. Sorry Apple, you failed...... again.....

10. HeezyBear macrumors regular

Using your logic, if Apple's 300,000 iPhones sold out last year on launch day, but this year's 1,000,000 only sold half on launch day, it was unsuccessful. Logic fail.

Numbers made up to prove point.

11. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

If anything Apple is getting better at preparing for each new product launch. I don't think there will ever be a time that Apple could have enough stock to fill every single pre-order on the first day.

12. TLewis, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

TLewis macrumors 65816

The OP is probably worried that he made a bad decision by buying android.

Anyway, the numbers are looking good. AT&T is reporting a record 200,000 4S preorders in the first 12 hours. For comparison, the 4 sold 600,000 preorders in "first day across all carriers in US, France, Germany, Japan and the UK" (for the OP: just so you know, "first day" is 24 hours :p). So, that's 200,000 units for ONE carrier, in ONE country, in 12 hours, vs 600,000 units for ALL iP4 carriers, in FIVE countries in twice the time. Things are looking great. Source: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/07/att-alone-sees-200000-iphone-4s-preorders-in-first-12-hours/

Also, the iP4 sold 1.7 million units in the first three days. If Apple can deliver the units, they'll break this record, too.

13. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

AT&T has already stated the iPhone 4S has been there most successful iPhone launch already.

14. fanboy05 macrumors regular

I bet most businesses would love to "fail" this badly with every product launch... selling out every last one has got to be so disappointing. :rolleyes:

15. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

As others have said they have sold out, and are now doing backorders. Anyone who orders now (and probably even some of the pre-orders) will likely have their units shipped straight from the factories in China as all devices they had in inventory have sold.

Keep in mind that this device wasn't rushed in anyway, and since it looks identical to the iPhone 4, they very well could have started production on the phones a month ago without anyone being the wiser.

I'm guessing Apple had a significantly larger supply of phones this year, and they still sold out. (If they had enough to give AT&T 200k for preorders, I'm guessing Apple had at least 1million phones themselves)

16. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Never been such a spectacular failure since the Wii. You have to pity these corporations and their inability to keep stock because customers buy it all.

17. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

The real failure is that the iPhone 4S does not have a larger screen, LTE and NFC :rolleyes: How could Apple drop the ball this badly. </end sarcasm>

18. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

[​IMG]

19. kumquat macrumors regular

kumquat

Sprint has sold out of the 16GB models, but I was able to purchase a 32GB about an hour ago. The 64s are also still available.

20. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

OP makes one post and then doesn't respond: TROLL