Can you Sync Gmail contacts list with Address Book on Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maf2k8, May 22, 2010.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

I am curious if i can sync my contact from my Gmail account to my address book on my Macbook Pro and vise versa,

I selected the SYNC WITH GOOGLE option, but if i add a contact in my address book on my Mac or if i add a contact thru Gmail, they dont show up on either end.

For instance...I end John Doe to my contacts in my address book on my Mac, I go into my Gmail account and John Doe doesnt show up?

the same goes for if i add John Doe to my Gmail contacts and then i go and open my address book on my mac, John Doe isnt there.

Am i doing something wrong? or?

This is my FIRST mac, so go easy on me! lol

2. bollweevil macrumors 6502

Do you have an iPhone? I had this same problem when I used the "Sync with Google" option from WITHIN Apple Address Book, but when I used the option from within iTunes in the iPhone configuration it actually worked. The sync actually occurs just when I plug in the iPhone to the computer. That is to say, Google Contacts and Address Book will gather dissimilarities for a few days, and then when I plug my iPhone into my computer Google Contacts and Address Book suddenly reconcile/synchronize.

I don't know how to do it without an iPhone, and I don't know how to make it happen at other times.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

In Snow leopard open Address book and then open Address Book's Preferences and there select the 'Accounts' tab and sync with Google check box with a Google login.

4. smith2010 macrumors newbie