can you sync iphone with 2 computers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Oct 5, 2007.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

i want to load up some music for my bro's iphone but i dont want to delete the songs and content that are already on his iphone. can he load up some stuff off of my itunes while keeping the stuff he has already on there?

2. cgray24 macrumors member

no, you can only sync music with one computer, if you try to sync with a second it will delete everything else.

You can however sync contact/calendar from one computer and music/media from another.

3. lonnielove macrumors regular

Thats funny cuz that happen to me today!!

4. silbeej macrumors 6502a

has anyone verified this??

So i can add my music from my pc, and contacts from my MBP?

please comment for i'm getting an iphone soon and would like to know how i should set this up.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Yup. That's what I do with mine. Contacts/calendars from one, music/videos from another. Works great!

6. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

In fact, I'm doing something somewhat complex...

Windows Vista (ugh...work PC): contacts & calendar from Lotus Notes using Companion Link

Mac Mini (home): video/music/etc., with ringtone using iToner

I had to use a pre-ringtones version of iTunes (and disable auto updating) because iToner's plug-in that stops iTunes from wiping out your music only works on Mac.

7. Gonzlobo Suspended

I wonder if syncing music on my desktop & netcasts on my laptop is possible?

8. maccanuck2006 macrumors member

I sync my iPhone's calender through my secretary's PC (WinXP) using Outlook but sync my contacts music and photos via my MBP. No problem whatsoever.

9. dangleheart macrumors 6502

It will be great if they allow loading license free material like podcasts from other computers. Say, I wander to my friends office and he plays me a podcast I like, I would like to load it up right there without worrying about losing all the current content on my iPhone. Is this possible?

10. jeffmc macrumors 6502

yes you can sync with multiply libraries..

there's a third party app called SwapTunes

check it out!

11. synth1pro macrumors newbie

With my setup, I was hoping to sync my music/contacts/calendar from one computer, and my photos from another. Will this work too?