Can you tap the iPad too hard? Haha

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xxTK421xx, Mar 12, 2011.

1. xxTK421xx macrumors newbie

I'm a fairly new iPad owner and I'm constantly worried that I'm going to break the screen or whatever technology is underneath the glass by pressing or tapping too hard. I would never tap it hard on purpose, but every once in a while when I'm reading in bed, I'll lose my grasp on the iPad and it will fall forward towards my chest. This has happened three times and each time I end up catching the iPad and hitting the glass with my finger tips fairly hard.

I guess I'm just wondering if the glass on the iPad is thick and sturdy? Is the touch display technology easily damaged? Should I stop worrying like a complete fool? Haha.

Thanks for any help guys.

2. sam2428 macrumors 6502

You should be fine, dont stress that much bro ;)

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

4. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

:)

5. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I'd be more worried about it falling and hitting your chin. I've had it happen... :(

6. rritterson macrumors 6502

when you drop an iPhone or iTouch, the surface glass inevitably breaks long before the touch screen underneath stops working (I know tons of people with smashed glass that still works just fine as a touch screen).

So, unless you are pressing hard enough to shatter glass, no, you aren't going to hurt it.

7. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

I've had little kids really thump on the screen. You won't hurt it just from having it fall forwards, watch your nose though, I had mine fall forwards and give me a blood nose :p

8. hwu182 macrumors member

I wonder if applecare would cover it LOL. they'd prolly be scared youre the hulk

9. iAAPL macrumors regular

iAAPL

Considering that Apple's own GarageBand encourages you to exaggerate the pressure you apply to the screen, I don't think you have anything to worry about. ;)

10. xxTK421xx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies guys. Makes me feel better. haha.

11. DS3 macrumors 6502a

You have to hit it pretty hard to get the max volume.. doing a drum solo had me wondering about it too =p