can you tap to turn led on?

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
using sbsettings or activator... can you set it up so when on lock screen make it so when you tap/double tap the home button it turns on the led light?

spamdumpster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
not yet, just a matter of time though.
Did you see my post (above yours)? There's an app called sporingflash that allows you to do exactly what the OP wants. It's called springflash, in the big boss repo. Works great.

Comment

nightpanda2810

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010

Ive tried everything I could think of other than restoring, anyone else get this/know how to fix it?

Comment

thep33t

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Did you see my post (above yours)? There's an app called sporingflash that allows you to do exactly what the OP wants. It's called springflash, in the big boss repo. Works great.
that is an actual app, that opens up and turns on the flashlight. Does not directly turn on/off the LED.

Comment

thep33t

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I imagine the dependency issue is due to the repositories being hammered and not working correctly. If your phone cannot talk to the repository to find where to get that one piece, it will fail out of the whole install (or not even let you start it).

I bet once things calm down a little bit it will start working fine.

Comment

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
that is an actual app, that opens up and turns on the flashlight. Does not directly turn on/off the LED.
No, it's not a regular app. It's used in activator and you can turn on your flash with a double click on the home button from the lockscreen.

Comment

tehfrag

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2008
No, it's not a regular app. It's used in activator and you can turn on your flash with a double click on the home button from the lockscreen.
Or by holding down the sleep/power button for second like mine is setup. You can choose a bunch of different ways to activate springflash, volume buttons, hold/swipe the status bar, home button, or even shake the device. very cool app.

Comment

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
i got springflash and it works perfectely!!!! thanks so much. not i dont have to unlock the phone and enter the flash app. saves me like 10 seconds or so. awesome when walking through the house.

Comment

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Thanks for the recommendation. Works great! I've got mine set up to turn on you press and hold the home button.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.