can you tell if apple TV is 1080p?

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
I am new to apple tv. Can you tell what a movie through itunes or netflix is streaming at? Besides seeing on itunes that a movie is available in 1080p Is there info that shows its at 1080p at that moment? Thanks!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I am new to apple tv. Can you tell what a movie through itunes or netflix is streaming at? Besides seeing on itunes that a movie is available in 1080p Is there info that shows its at 1080p at that moment? Thanks!
The only way to know, is when you see it's description in iTunes/Netflix prior to viewing.

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
The only way to know, is when you see it's description in iTunes/Netflix prior to viewing.
Thanks, I have a few random questions.

1-When I try to Mirror Modern combat 3 it only shows the game in the bottom left hand corner. Is there a way to make it full screen? It is suppose to be a game made for airplay.

2-Do itunes movies to buy or rent ever go on sale?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

1-When I try to Mirror Modern combat 3 it only shows the game in the bottom left hand corner. Is there a way to make it full screen? It is suppose to be a game made for airplay.

I don't know the answer to your first question, but the answer to the second question is no. Apple doesn't do "sales".

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008

1. I have the same problem. I think the new iPad confuses MC3. It works fine from my iPhone.

2. Yes, the iTunes store does do sales on movies. Not every day, but regularly. Last week a bunch of Adam Sandler comedies were on sale. Don't forget to check 'Free on iTunes' for random things.

A.