Can you tell me what stores accept Apple Pay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I love it but no where I got except Whole Foods accepts it.

Does anyone have a list?

Nevermind.

Found It

http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/where-to-use-apple-pay/

Really there is nowhere to use it that people go. The only exception is Chevron, but I don't even use chevron gas I prefer exon, shell, BP, or the generic cheap gas station.

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

A lot of grocery stores around me have NFC readers. That's all that matters, it doesn't need to have an  Pay logo for it to be accepted, at least in my experience.

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Which stores? I only use walmart and primarily whole foods...

Does anyone else feel disappointed with apple pay?

I would expect walmart, all gas stations, and ESPECIALLY STARBUCKS to have it

What is this crap I can use apple pay to reload my starbucks app with money? I mean...kind of defeats the purpose of apple pay...

4. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Mostly just local grocery chains near me have NFC readers, which seems weird because they are small compared to Walmart, who should have them. Almost all gas stations near me have NFC readers. I guess it just depends on where you live.

5. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Lots of stores etc in the UK have this facility incl Starbucks :)

6. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I use apple pay at:

Apple
    Walgreens
    Reloading my Starbucks card (not sure why you think this is crap, I get the benefits of my cash back credit card as well as not having to visit a Starbucks to reload my card and plus benefits of gold card)

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Definitely not a complete list. "Shoppers" grocery stores taking it here.

Also, how annoying for the list to be a page of logos.

8. willmtaylor, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Agreed. To my understanding, this is one of the counterarguments that backers of the CurrentC "competitor" service bring up: loyalty card benefits, which Apple & Starbucks have obviously already worked out.

9. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

A lot of stores around me in New York City have nfc capable readers but are not turned on.

10. footballcrazy.jo macrumors newbie

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

12. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

I actually like that they do. Only thing is I don't eat at mcdonalds :/

Not really into their food.

Btw, i just turned off Apple pay because my cash back credit card isn't part of apple pay network anyway.

13. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Eh, fair enough as I don't eat their food either. Bummer your cash back credit card isn't in Apple Pay yet. It seems Apple Pay has slowly been adopted but I'm sure it'll eventually catch up to be more common.

I'm still waiting for chip and pin cards in the U.S. as it is in Europe but that's a completely different topic.

14. tt509 macrumors newbie

tt509

15. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Makes perfect sense for a smaller grocery chain to implement it. They have fewer total points of sale to upgrade. A big chain like Wal-mart (who already stated that they're not introducing Apple Pay anytime soon for other reasons) would have a massive and nightmarish upgrade process.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I called Wells Fargo and they replace both of my personal credit/debit cards AND both of my business credits cards with chipped cards in less than a week. All of mine are chipped. I do not use Apple Pay.

17. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Sad thing is I really want to be able to cut up my credit card and use Apple pay 100%

It should be apples goal to make Apple pay accepted anywhere a credit card is accepted and also be used by anyone who offers a credit card

18. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

All of my cards are chipped as well. But they are chip and signature priority. This is embarrassing when visiting Europe and I usually just pay in cash. There's only about 7-8 true chip and pin cards available in the U.S. and before my next trip to the UK I plan to get one.
    Rolling out a new payment idea takes time but I am sure Apple is doing the best they can to get this implemented in as many stores as possible.

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Embarrassing? Really? I've used a chip and sig card in Ireland and Germany and no one really seemed to care. A few cashiers already had a pen ready the second they heard my American accent. I can assure you that you're not the first chip and sig card they've ever processed.

20. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Its been a few years since I have traveled but yes it was embarrassing as they didn't have pens on them and had to search for a pen. Apparently it's more common now, thank you for letting me know.

21. cub850G2 macrumors regular

cub850G2

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Embarrassed? I would not be.

Embarrassed is the person in front of me who does not know how to use Apple pay at the checkout line. She tried and tried and could not get Whole Foods to take her money. Ended up leaving all of her food in bags swearing at the register operator and swearing she would never come back to Whole food again

I love technology!

23. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Anyone who would leave their food and give up is of questionable character/intelligence. Why not just use a credit card if the Apply Pay did not work? Unless of course the person was using a stolen iphone or something.