Can you tether iPhone 4s to New iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JSmoove05, Mar 10, 2012.

1. JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

Is this possible to tether the iPhone 4s connection to a Wifi ONly New iPad? If so what needs to be done anyone know thanks.

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

yes - get a tethering plan from your wireless provider - or jailbreak

3. maclook macrumors 65816

What jailbreak app allows for tethering without getting caught my your provider (AT&T in my case). I've read that people have been getting caught using MiWi

4. JSmoove05 thread starter macrumors 6502

I would like to know this as well. I saw the main page about Tether.com But i don't think that works with the iPad.

5. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

wow are US carriers that strict that you have to pay extra to be able to use the data allowance you already pay for via another device?

6. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

if you plan on using data on the go, its honestly better to just get the 4g version. iPhone as a mifi is a battery kill. as a bonus, you get lte speeds on the 4g iPad.

7. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I use tetherme - i dont use it alot - i also dont have an unlimited data plan

8. maclook macrumors 65816

Yup. AT&T:
    -Just bumped their data plans from 250mb to 300mb and 2gb to 3gb and you have to pay $5 more per month. What that means is you're getting a meaningless amount more of data and you have to pay $5 a month for it.
    -For unlimited, they'll throttle you if you go over 3gb. That'd honestly be fine with me if they let me tether for free but they don't.
    -Gotta pay another data plan to tether or another for your iPad

The future's here. You just have to pay an arm and a leg for the privilege to experience it. It's crazy having to pay for home internet, iPhone internet, iPad internet, and/or tethering.

----------

I'm looking into tetherme right now. Some people say it's untraceable as long as you haven't gotten caught by before by using MiWi. Still looking into it before I try it...

9. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

damn... although we have to pay more for everything else so it balances out

/thread hijack

10. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yea if I had money to wipe my ass with I'm not giving them squat, using tetherme on my unlimited data plan.